Years ago, my sweet friend Connie gave me a box of the yummiest lemon cookies I had ever tastes. They were fresh, light, chewy, and just delicious. I am not typically the person that picks a citrus dessert – give me all of the chocolate, please! However, ever since having these cookies they are now my go to when I bake anything.
The recipe is so easy and it doesn’t require very many steps. This year, when I decided to make a few boxes of these cookies for some gifts, I knew I needed to share the recipe here for you guys.
You can get the entire recipe here, and I will share it below for you too. I have a feeling these will turn into your new go to!
1/2 cups butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon backing soda
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat over 350 degrees. Great light colored baking sheets with not stick cooking spray (or butter – my preference).
- In your mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Mix well.
- Stir in all dry ingredients except for the powdered sugar. We’ll use that later.
- Put powdered sugar onto a large plate.
- Roll a teaspoon of dough into a ball and then roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and (this is the best tip ever right here) cookies look matte, not melty or shiny.
- Remove from oven and cook cookies for about 3 minutes
Merry Christmas, friends!